Thursday, March 14, 2013

the tourists are out in droves!




Last year when I traveled through Europe I was dismayed by the crowds of tourists that were practically everywhere I went. Then yesterday while taking photos on the iconic Brooklyn Bridge, I quickly realized that everyone I passed was speaking in another language. 

The world is shrinking. There must be more discretionary money on hand for peoples all over the world. And would you believe it, this was my first time walking the whole bridge. You know what they say - people who live in a city visits its traditional sightseeing spots less than tourists do.

I met two girls from Barcelona who spoke English better than I spoke Spanish. That's always bugged me - me and most Americans  - inability to speak other languages. But we got one fact clear - Spain is a beautiful country

But NYC will always be the "Big Apple"



No comments:

Post a Comment