Friday, February 15, 2013

One thing leads to another

I have my 1st commercial shoot next week. I met someone on a newspaper assignment, took their pictures and they liked them and since they own a business, they referred me to one of their clients and it's a done deal.

Going on a few assignments where business people and politicians mix has opened my eyes to the interesting interfaces between the two. Money drives decisions and money makes money. The more people you know who have either money or influence or both is the engine that drives capitalism. And it seems to work quite well.

This parallels my growth as a photographer. First, just a hobby, then as a freelancer, now doing independent jobs. I don't have plans to run a small business, just want to use my skills to help people and make a little money on the side.

One thing leads to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment