Sunday, February 10, 2013

Into the woods on a snowy morning

Two paths diverged in the woods this morn. I took the one most snowy and forever wild.

This morning was a test for polarizing filters and lenses. Between the very bright cold sun (nice juxtaposition here, eh?) and crystalline clear white, white snow, glare on the water and reflected light caused problems for my camera and lenses. My paper might use some snow pics from various Bronx locations, so after I shot spots in my neighborhood (Co-op City), I decide to go out to my favorite hiking/running spot, Hunter Island (north end of Orchard Beach in Pelham Bay Park, Bx., NY)

This new job is putting me into situations where I end up doing things I haven't done in my whole life living here. Pretty cool, I say. Even though I know these trails like the back of my hand, I had to stop quite a few times to see things differently that I've seen many times before. Exactly what do we "see" when we "see"?

If you didn't know, Pelham Bay Park is the largest park within the confines of NYC. With its unique ocean shoreline and Eastern woodlands forest, it's a hidden jewel in the midst of urban cluster and confusion.

So, I've taken the path less traveled by and (so far) it has made all the difference.

Thanks Robert F.

No comments:

Post a Comment