Thursday, February 14, 2013

"A rose is a rose is a rose"




This rose is not simply a rose. It's a rose in the Alhambra (Granada, Spain). What we think we see isn't always what we see. 

I'm constantly amazed by what I see in pictures when I upload them to my computer and crop them at 100% and look at them closely. There always seems to be an intriguing face, an out of place object, doleful eyes staring into my lens that I didn't see when I clicked the shutter. An alternate reality that only my camera could perceive?

Can you imagine a camera that not only would see alternate realities but could also reveal the subject's thoughts? A look into the platonic confines of ones mind. A picture that's worth more than a thousand words but a myriad of alternate realities. 

Sometimes what we see isn't what we see.

(Oh, by the way, that's the real me but not now - I've reinvented myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment