Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm senile and didn't even know it

This is the mental image most get when they hear the word "senile". (Photo by Ron Terner)
But this is really about what happened today when I went for my annual checkup. I was concerned about a growth on my back but when my doctor saw it, he said," That's nothing. It's "senile keratosis"  Senility is just around the corner for many older people but I intend to hold it at bay for as long as possible.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Does this photo look like senility? What does senility look like? Top photo or bottom? LOL

The mind is a precious place. How do we care for it. Do we control it or does it control us? Can we really "lose our minds"? I'm looking at you looking at these words. When words lose all meaning, then we're in trouble. And when that happens, will we even know?

Look at me. I've been senile for quite awhile and didn't even know it. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment