Wednesday, May 15, 2013

shooting RAW

Cloisters

This is a JPEG version of a RAW photo I shot today at the Cloisters in upper Manhattan (see link). I determined that I was going to maximize the potential of my camera by shooting in RAW mode which registers all the pixels available when exposing your camera to light versus a pre-processed version created in the camera's computer as a JPEG.

I use Adobe software called Lightroom to enhance and correct my shots. I can even draw out details from what looks like dark, black shadows! Most amateur photographers aren't aware of this or don't have cameras that have this capacity.

It's a whole new world shooting in RAW. Oh, by the way, the photo is in JPEG mode because that's what works in this blog format that I'm using. If you go to my Facebook page you can see the RAW version:  RAW version

I've re-invented myself and now I've re-invented my photographic process. A whole new world awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment