Saturday, May 18, 2013

children make the best models







Had a shoot at my old elementary school (P.S. 71, Pelham Bay section of the Bronx) for their rehearsal of the "Wizard of Oz". As soon as I walked in the door, I was flooded with memories and I got very emotional. My childhood came back to me in a flash. For most of us those were the best times of our lives and when I met all these beautiful children, the joy and happiness asserted themselves in their cherubic, radiant faces.

When children see a camera, they seem to automatically go into "modeling mode." It's rare to take a bad picture of a child. Children make a photographer look good!

It's amazing what things trigger our childhood memories. For my wife it was the antique trains in the "Parade of Trains" show at Grand Central Terminal. For me, it was my school.

Children have a way of making your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment