Monday, May 20, 2013

"I had their eye!"










In photography, they have a saying: "Focus on the eyes." The problem is, can you get their eyes to look at your lens? Well, if you go and shoot at a red-carpet, celebrity gala event, the eyes are seeking your lens.

These were shot at the "Bronx Ball" - the centerpiece of Bronx Week at Orchard Beach in Pelham Bay Park. The celebrity guest was Ellen Barkin who described herself as "the Jew from the Bronx". As I reviewed my photographs, I kept saying to myself, "Why was she always looking at me in so many shots?"

Well, she's probably used to it and I was the only photog wearing credentials that labeled me as "Press". But there was that underlying male ego thing going - she likes the way I look.  LOL

For my first red carpet shoot I was pleased. It was, at least for me, a photographer's heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment