Tuesday, April 16, 2013

a sad solidarity run for Boston

In the spirit of Boston

I put on my most recent NYC Marathon shirt and went out for a run at noon. I'm now a retired marathoner but once it's in your blood, it's in your blood. What should have been joy and celebration turned to fear, danger and sorrow.

At NYRR races here in Central Park (NYC) we stand in packed corrals totaling in the 1000's. Never have I nor I assume others have worried that our lives would be in danger starting a road race or at the finish. Now there's that faint glimmer of a thought that nothing is absolutely safe anymore.

That's how terrorism works. It makes us afraid.

But runners will keep running. We don't run away from fear. We run through it and to the areas that need our help.

No comments:

Post a Comment