Thursday, August 15, 2013

finally - the historic W. 4th St. basketball court






Ever since I could play basketball well enough to play in outdoor tournaments, W. 4th St. always came up either in conversations, or basketball related literature I read. It had a larger than life aura, a place where basketball icons were created, the only place on an equal footing with the Rucker courts.

I had visited it a few times but never played there nor "worked" there as a photog. Today I did and I'll never forget it. One can't avoid noticing the electricity that exudes from both inside and outside this court. Both basketball aficionados and tourists passing by get pulled in magnetically to the games being played. You just can't just walk by.

Do you love basketball? If you do, come on by.

You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment