Monday, August 19, 2013

a major step forward

Shooting for NIKE Basketball (NYC)

Never thought I would get this far while "reinventing" myself but here I am - shooting for NIKE here in NYC. And it all happened because I was shooting basketball for my personal enjoyment and I happened to bump into a person who made this all happen.

So, as many people believe, it's who you know rather than what you know but I do know a little something about photography. Not much but enough to get published.

This past weekend I shot the NIKE Tournament of Champions at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and lo and behold, I saw one of my photographs, blown-up and hanging in one of their photograph hallways in the gym where the games were being played.

Now I wait and see where this will take my photography career. I'll be perfectly happy from now on to shoot local NYC events. Besides being around a sport I love, the money is great also!

1 comment: