Sunday, December 1, 2013

a real "mini-me"






Ricky Syers makes marionettes - puppets that are manipulated by strings. But what makes him special is his ability to model them after real people and quite accurately.

The weathered individual seen here was chosen by Ricky because of his love and care for the animal life in Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village in Manhattan (NYC)

Was was also interesting was the fact that just before I showed up at this site, the guy who is the face and camera of "Humans of New York" (HONY) came by. Check out his site on Facebook and maybe if you so decide, buy his book. Fascinating stories that accompany his portraits.

Just like the story that is evident in these pictures.

 I wanted to learn more but I was with friends so I couldn't linger too long.

But what I saw I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment