Tuesday, July 8, 2014

one never knows who you'll meet

Got an assignment for a Little League game and thought nothing of it. Showed up early and parked, then saw News12, and other individuals who looked fairly important. Shooting the news has honed my "critical" lens = my eyes, to pick these things up.

Then I saw the Bx. Boro President (Reuben Diaz, Jr.) and his entourage plus one sports celebrity = John Franco. He is a former NY Met pitcher and that's him in the photo above. In addition there was a radio announcer from WFAN radio.

You never know. Some of the most innocuous assignments (on face value) prove to be the most interesting. The interest here with this game was that it was the inaugural game for the Boro Cup.

Got some good shots but I should've brought my 70 - 200 f/2.8 for close up action shots.

1 comment: