Monday, September 30, 2013

photography as art vs. news



People have been asking me if I print any of my photos. Obviously they think some are "that" good. Nike does since they have some of my stuff up in their basketball art gallery at the Duggan gym in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

But I don't know? How does one determine the aesthetics line that differentiates photography as information versus a work of art - something beautiful in and of itself? Take a look at the three photographs I have posted here. The only post processing I did was to convert the picture of the man from color to B&W.

I'm thinking that each one has a story that begs to be told, an event that needs to be described, an emotion that needs explanation.

You take a look. You can decide for yourself.

News or art?

No comments:

Post a Comment